Tuesday, August 2, 2011

About me -

Who am I?

Owners:  Ken and Pat

Name:  20BUCK$
Age: 4 years
Birthday: 2007
Brand:  Cruisers Yachts
Model:  390 Sport Coupe
Color:  White and Navy
Length:  39 feet
Beam:  13 feet
Stateroom:  1
Head:  1

As a 390 Sport Coupe by Cruisers Yachts, I have a sleek racy looking profile in the water.  Inside I have all the comforts of home, a stateroom(bedroom), a head(bathroom), a galley(kitchen), a salon(living room) and a helm station/cockpit(driver's seat/family room).  I have a sunroof on my hard top and a walk through windshield to the bow(pointy end).

I am powered by 2 Mercury Marine 8.1 L. Super High output gas engines which are all electronic and fuel injected. My top speed is 30 MPH.  I hold 300 gallons of gasoline, 75 gallons of water and 53 gallons of waste(poop).

My draft(water depth I need to operate) is just under 3 feet so I can sneak into shallow anchorages for the night.  My air draft(minimum height I can go under for bridges is 14 feet for the radio antenna which is easily lowered.  12 feet is the height to my navigation light on the hard top so I can get under most anything encountered on the loop.

Loaded with fuel, water and provisions, I weigh 23,000 lbs although our friend Merritt says I weigh considerably less because of all the holes Ken has drilled in me to install equipment.  My water system has a .22 micron filter system for the ice maker and two drinking faucets.  One of my owners (Pat) is a nurse and she doesn't want anyone to get sick from drinking contaminated water.

I just recently had installed by my other owner (Ken) a Garmin auto pilot, radar unit and chart plotter so we won't get lost on our trip.  I also have an inverter so while at anchor fresh coffee can be brewed and meals cooked without turning on my generator.  My fiberglass is white with navy accents and my owner keeps me clean and shiny.

You can't tell from my picture but I carry a 10ft. hard bottom dinghy with a 15 hp motor on my swim platform.  That way when we reach an anchorage or marina my owners can lower the dinghy and go exploring.  I will see if I can get Pat to put up a page about the dinghy, 20CENT$.  I hear it is feeling neglected from all the press I am getting.

I am ready to go!  Let's get cruising.

No comments:

Post a Comment