Saturday, December 24, 2011

Tampa Boat Parade!

The past few days I have seen a lot of activity on this fire boat. The firefighters have been taking it out for practice runs. It is 75’ long, and powered by four 1,100 HP diesel engines pushing jet drives. It is amazing how this monster handles. They can walk it sideways off the dock, and it spins in its own length. Two of the engines power the water cannons and foam guns.


I was talking to some of the crew, and happened to meet the fire chief - Donny. When I told him we were doing the loop, but I was by myself for a few days due to Pat being gone, he invited me to ride along with he, his wife Kim, and some of their family and other firefighters on the annual Christmas boat parade! His boat is a 40’ Grand Banks trawler, and I noticed it all decorated on the residents docks. So off we went on a five hour cruise.

A video of the parade was loaded on our on line blog, complete with music.

OH YEAH - Donny & Kims boat took second place. The first few pics are of their boat.
Happy Holidays from 20BUCK$ and crew!

No comments:

Post a Comment