Monday, September 5, 2011

Oh Captain, my Captain!

Happy Labor Day to all that are having the day off today!  We arrived last night in Green Turtle Bay Marina, Grand River, KY.  This is where we will be for the next week! 


We had a couple of questionable mechanical issues with the boat and as always the Captain was able to diagnose and solve the problems.  These were electrical and battery issues.  If only everyone could have a Captain as good as Ken!




Thought it would be fun for you to see our first new looper friends.  They are Marc and Michele from Galena, IL.  It has been great traveling with them for the last week.







This is the last lock we went through.  It is the Barkley lock just before you enter Lake Barkley.  It is a 57 foot lift.  It is HUGE!  And...................it was raining so I put on my rain suit and looped the line around the bollard and up we went.   



Those that know me know how much I love sunsets so indulge me as I will post many during the trip!  This one was at one of our anchor outs in the last few days.  So beautiful!!! 
Today we are grateful for much cooler weather - only 70 degrees.  What a relief!

Tomorrow we are going to tour the great city of Paducah, KY and restock the boat.

Good night to all!  Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment